Find yourself spellbound on the shimmering Charente River
- Cognac distilleries
- Michelin-starred restaurants
- Roman ruins
- Peaceful countryside
- Historic towns and pretty villages
Useful Info for the Charente
Top 10 secret gems Charente
- Cognac’s Château de Cognac;
- St. Savinien’s wine festival;
- Archaeology Museum in Saintes;
- St. Simon’s Maison des Gabariers;
- Trois-Palis chocolates;
- St. Pierre Cathedral in Angoulême;
- Rochefort’s maritime museum;
- Crazanne’s château;
- Chanier’s water mill;
- Jarnac’s cognac tour.
You can arrange taxi transfers between our bases and your airport or train station. Our base info documentation on our Plan your travel section will provide you with contact details & rates of local taxis.
Notes: In Ireland, we can arrange private transfers from/to main airports in advance – please ask your sales team for more details.
- GPS: W0° 10.41` / N45° 40.682`
- Jarnac (500 m)
- Bordeaux - Merignac (125 km)